Incase we are using RadioButton inside a Repeater, one common problem which we face is that we are not able to select single RadioButton, i.e. If we select one RadioButton, and then click on the other the other also gets selected without unselecting the first one.
Even the GroupName property of the RadioButton dosen’t works for this.
The solution I got is:
1. Set the AutoPostBack property of the RadioButton to “true”.
2. Make OnCheckedChanged event for the RadioButton.
- <asp:RadioButton ID=”rbtnSelectEmp” runat=”server” AutoPostBack=”true”
- OnCheckedChanged=”rbtnSelectEmp_OnCheckedChanged” />
3. Inside OnCheckedChanged event write the following code:
- protected void rbtnSelectEmp_OnCheckedChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
- foreach (RepeaterItem item in rptEmployee.Items)
- RadioButton rbtn = (RadioButton)item.FindControl(“rbtnSelectEmp”);